RITMARE – Italian Sea Research is the leading national marine project for the period 2012-2016, with an overall budget amount of 250 million Euros.
RITMARE is coordinated by the National Research Council and involves an integrated effort of most of the scientific community working on marine and maritime issues.
Ritmare objectives are: support training of a new generation of researchers, through the funding of innovative projects selected through call for proposal, strengthen the strategic presence of Italian research in Europe and in the Mediterranean and the national oceanographic fleet. Finally the project promotes the establishment of a permanent forum between researchers, decision makers and stakeholders in both the public and private sector, with the aim of fostering the integration and transfer of research results and thus place the knowledge as a reference starting point for strategies and management decisions.
To achieve these objectives Ritmare framework is organized into seven sub-projects:
- Maritime Technologies
- Technologies for Sustainable Fishing
- Planning of the Maritime Space in Coastal Waters
- Planning of the Deep Marine Environment and the Open Sea
- Observation System for the Marine Mediterranean Environment
- Research, Training and Dissemination Structures
- Interoperable Infrastructure for the Observation Network and Marine Data
CNR entrusted the management of RITMARE to dr. Fabio Trincardi, PhD.
Further informazion about RITMARE are available at RITMARE web site